To start things off this week had been pretty good until yesterday. I seem to have broken my pinky toe on my left foot. It hurts so badly. I am sitting typing to you with an ice pack on my blue and purple toe. Thank goodness it is summer and I can get away with wearing flip flops everywhere; however, it is a challenge with a very active two year old. With all of his toys lying around the floor has made for an exciting time trying to navigate through the house without hitting my toe on anything.
Kroger Shopping 08/10/11
(4) Domino Brown Sugar $0.62 on clearance
(2) Domino Confectioner Sugar $0.62 on clearance
(3) Loaves Bread Discount Bin
(1) Pine Sol $1.89
(1) Coke 20 oz. $1.59 – 1 Q for Free Coke for using Recycle machine outside Kroger
(5) Yoplait Yogurt 4 Pack $1.88 – 5 $0.50/1 Q doubled 4 Pack Yoplait Yogurt
-$0.88 each or $0.22 each cup
(1) Kroger Multigrain Chips $2.50 - $0.40/1 Kroger eQ
(4) Welch’s Jelly $1.99 – 4 $0.35 tripled Welch’s Jelly
-Final $0.94 each
(2) David Sunflower seeds $1.00 - $1/2 All You Magazine
-Final $0.50 each
(1) Energizer 4 pack AA batteries $9.03 - $1/1 Energizer batteries
I spent $28.00 and saved $20.71 on $48.71 retail. We have been buying Rechargeable batteries to replace all of our batteries. These are just a few dollars more and you can get many more uses out of them instead of throwing them away after one use. We feel this is better for the environment.
CVS did not go as planned at all. I didn’t have enough items to qualify for my $5/$25 so I went back to get a couple of things and I still didn’t have enough after check out. Since I was in pain from my toe, I just checked out and left. This has left me a little over budget this week.
(2) Herbal Essence Shampoo and conditioner $2.49
(1) Maybelline Mascara $4.99
(2) Edge Shave Gel $1.99
(1) Pampers EZ ups $8.99
(1) Candy $0.33
2 $1/1 Herbal Essence Shampoo or conditioner
2 $.55/1 Edge Shave cream
1 $1/1 Maybelline mascara
$1/1 CVS Maybelline
I spent $14.25 and saved $8.68 on $22.93 retail. I thought I had a $2.00 off pampers diapers however it was for 60 count or larger that didn’t work. I didn’t get to my $25.00 mark and I received rain checks on several items they were out of. I am not very happy about this trip today.
Tom Thumb Shopping
(10) Pepperidge Farm Goldfish 2 for $4 – $1.00 each Tom Thumb Coupon
-Final $1.00 each – for birthday
(1) Odwalla drink $1.99 - $0.35/1 tripled All You
(2) International Delight Creamer $3.29 - $2.48 Tom Thumb Q
-Final $2.48 each
(4) Nature Valley Granola Bars $2.99 - $1.78 Tom Thumb Q, $0.75/2 Q
-Final $1.41 each
I paid $23.76 and saved $27.13 on $50.89 retail. The Goldfish is not counting against my weekly totals. These are for my sons Elmo Birthday party with a crayon and goldfish theme. These will be favors and snacks at the party. I am so excited. I can’t wait.
How did you do with your shopping trips this week? LINK UP below