If you do not have an electric griddle here is one from Amazon that is very similar to mine. This makes an awesome gift too.
~ ~ ~
Cinnamon Swirl French Toast
1 loaf Cinnamon Raisin Swirl Bread
½ Cup of Milk
1. Toast both sides of the Cinnamon Swirl bread on and electric griddle set for 350 degrees for a couple of minutes on each side or until starting to turn golden. After the bread is toasted allow to cool for a few mintues. Otherwise the bread gets too soggy.
2. Take 2 eggs and crack them in a large flat bottom bowl and add ¼ cup milk. Mix well.
3. Dip the bread in the egg mixture and let it soak a minute or two on each side. The egg should soak into the bread. Keep dipping pieces until the egg mixture is gone. Once gone add another couple of eggs and the remaining milk until all bread is soaked and on the griddle.
4. Spray electric griddle with spray oil and lay the egg soaked bread on the electric griddle. Let fry for a couple of minutes. The egg will get brown around the edges of the toast. Flip and let the other side brown.
5. Once complete serve with powdered sugar, apple butter, apple sauce or syrup.
~ ~ ~
Last time I made Cinnamon Swirl French Toast I only used four eggs and a little milk. This costs me $1.00 for the bread and $0.44 for the eggs. So for the main part of the meal I spent $1.44 to feed a family of five for breakfast. This meal includes protein, carbs and a fruit.
How much do you spend on breakfast for your family?
Find more great savings deals and steals join Pounds4Pennies on: