I did a lot of shopping this week with two kids in tow. I had Little Miss and Little Face with me. Little Miss hates shopping. I was interested to see how this was going to turn out. With my surprise, she did great. She wanted to push the cart most of the time. This allowed me to look and concentrate a little more to see if there were any other deals out there and price compare a few items.
I finally hit the 70% saved mark on one of my receipts. There were not a lot of items purchased, but I even had an impulse buy on tortillas with no coupon and still saved 70%. Here is a list of my weekly finals with all the stores I have visited.
You can find my Drugstore CVS post here.
1st Trip to Kroger 06/07/11
(2) Pineapples $1.00 each - $1.25/2 Del Monte Pineapples
-Final $0.38 each
(2) International Delight creamers Pint $1.50 each – 2 $0.55/1 Pint Creamers
-Final $0.95 each
(4) Pert shampoo trial size $1.00 each – 4 $1/1 Pert any size shampoo
(4) Mission Tortillas $1.00 on Sale from $1.69
-Final $1.00 each
I spent $6.65 and saved $16.07 on $22.72 worth of groceries. I saved 70% yeah I finally hit that mark. I am so excited. It may not have been many items. I am still excited since one was an impulse buy.
My Walmart will not let me use the pert $1.00 off on trial sizes. If it is a money maker coupon, it has to be what is on the picture of the coupon or it has to be written on the coupon. They are very sticky there. I would rather get it free than not at all. I usually donate these.
(.52) lbs Bananas @0.39 lbs - $0.66
(1) GV Parmesan cheese $2.62
(1) Huggies Pull Ups $8.97 - $1.50/1 blinkie coupon
I spent $10.75 and only saved $1.50. The bananas were an impulse buy since this was such a great price. I should have gotten more to freeze for breads and smoothies. Oh well there is always next week.
Tom Thumb Trip
Tom Thumb has the 8 Mix and Match sale. With Tom Thumb the amount off depends on the product purchased. This is like a Kroger mega event you get $0.50 off of 8 qualifying items.
(2) Chef Boyardee beefaroni $1.25 – $0.50 off
-Final $0.75 each
(2) Marsh Mallows $1.69 - $0.90 off
(4) Gogurt $2.19 each – 2 $0.75/2 Gogurt, $1.00 off sale
-Final $1.32 each
I spent $8.34 and saved $8.30 on $16.64 worth of food retail. I may go back next week, since I walked around the store and I found other items I need that I knew I had coupons for. The Chef was an impulse buy and I had to rearrange some items I was planning on getting. I am glad, since we were nearly out of Chef and my daughter loves to eat it.
Kroger Trip #2
(1) Kroger apple juice $1.77
(2) Wheat thins Snack Sticks – 2 $1/1 Q
-Final $1.00 each
(12) cups Yoplait Yogurt $0.50 each – 2 $0.40/6 Yoplait yogurt doubled
-Final $0.36 each
(3) Rosarita refried beans $0.98 each - $0.50/3 beans
-Final $.64 each
(2) V8 Fruit Fusion Juice $2.49 – $1/2 V8 Fruit Juice
-Final $1.99 each
(1) Ortega Salsa $2.69 - $1/1 Ortega product catalina
(4) Ragu Pasta Sauce $1.85 – 4 $0.50/1 Ragu Pasta sauce doubled
(1) Edge Shave Cream $2.39 - $0.55/1 Edge or Skintamate Shave Cream
(2) Dole Mandarin Oranges $1.34 - $0.50/2 Dole Mandarin Oranges
-Final $0.84 each
(4) Franks Red Hot Sauce $1.00 – 4 $0.50/1 Any Franks red hot sauce Doubled
(1) Ocean spray Sparkling Juice $3.99
I have been buying 3 cans of Rosarita beans for the past few weeks until my coupon expires tomorrow. I was hoping for a sale, but missed the one at Tom Thumb. I thought it was a good deal since it doubled I would be getting one for Free. I also purchased the Oranges since the coupon would double at Kroger. Kroger has the best price on the oranges right now. I did not read my eCoupon from Kroger carefully on the Ocean spray Juice. It was FREE as a B1G1 deal however all it said on my phone was FREE ocean spray juice. Once you click on the coupon it states that it is B1G1 Free. Otherwise I would not have gotten the juice. I could have taken it back. I was still mainly within my budget.
I am running out of time and will try to post the coupon match ups at a later time.
Did you score any great deals this week? Share your shopping results with others. Link UP!