Wow this was a great MEGA EVENT at Kroger. This brought back the fun I have for shopping and getting deals.
I purchased the exact Colgate in the ad and I had an exact coupon to match. However when they rang the Colgate it did not ring as a Mega Event item. The assistant manager checked me out and he overrode the system to manually change the price. Therefore my totals were off. It said I had 38 participating Mega Event items instead of 40. I didn’t realize this until I got home. I thought my total was high for what I purchased. I was missing out on $4.00. I was going to pick up my stepson on in the afternoon and Kroger is sorta on the way. I stopped by the service desk to get my $4.00.
Here is how I did:
(2) Colgate Whitening Tooth pastes $1.00 – 2 $0.50/1 doubled
(4) Kettle Chips $2.79 - $0.50 each Mega Event item, 4 $1/1 Kettle chips
-Final $1.29 each – Stocking up for birthday party next month
(1) Pasta Roni $1.12 - $0.50 Mega Event Item, Peelie Q B3 Rice a Roni G1 Pasta Roni FREE
(5) Rice a Roni $1.12 - $0.50 Mega Event Item
-Final $0.62 each
(2) Gortons Fish Sticks $2.49 - $0.50 Mega Event Item, $1/2 Printable
-Final $1.99 each
(2) Pringles Whole Wheat $1.49 - $0.50 Mega Event Item – No coupon
-Final $1.00 each
(6) Lipton Ice Tea $1.00 - $0.50 Mega Event Item, 3 B1G1 Free found at Target
-Final $0.25 each
(4) Sunny D Punch $1.49 - $0.50 Mega Event Item, $0.25/1 Sunny D Doubled
(8) Kroger Tomatoes $1.09 - $0.50 Mega Event Item
-Final $0.59 each
(1) Silk Almond Milk $2.69 - $0.50 Mega Event Item, $1/1 Silk Milk
(4) Weber Marinades $0.99 - $1/1 any Weber Marinade
-Final FREE +$0.01 profit each
(3) Herdez Salsa $1.99 - $0.50 Mega Event Item
(1) Ocean Spray Cranberries $1.99 - $0.50 Mega Event Item
(1) Kroger Peanut Butter $1.79 – we were out
(2) Disney Kids Vitamins $6.99 – B1G1, 2 $1/1 Q
-Final $2.50 each
(1) Kroger Hazelnut spread $2.50
After my $4.00 refund, I spent $37.58 and saved $58.19 for $95.77 retail or around 60%. The coupon for the Pringles was not for the ones on sale. I also had coupons for the Garden Delight pasta, but they were out. I could have gotten 5 boxes. One would have been for free. My splurge item this week was the Hazelnut spread. We were out of Nutella and I didn’t get the coupon a while back to purchase some. We just love Nutella. With couponing there are some sacrifices you make, but sometimes you have to get items your family loves. I am not so extreme I would not buy something just because I don’t have a coupon for it.
I went to Kroger on Tuesday to pick up a couple of things:
(2) Gallons Milk $2.39
-Final $2.38 each
(8) Kraft Big Sliced cheese 8 oz. $1.99 – 8 $1/1 blinkie a while back
-Final $0.99 each
Total $12.70 and saved $23.30 on $36.00 retail or 66%. I am going to use the cheese to crumble and put on things like shredded cheese. I only had one bag left of shredded cheese. I crumbled some of the sliced cheese for a dish I make this week. It worked out great. When buying cheese if you can get it under a $1.00 for 8 oz you should buy it anyway and think of ways you can use it. Cheese is expensive.
I also went to Sprouts yesterday and got the $0.88 lbs for the split chicken breast. I picked up nearly 8 lbs and also purchased some granola for $2.49 lbs. I spent around $10.00. I can’t find my receipt.
I made a trip to Walmart for diapers. There were no great diaper deals this week. I ended up buying Walmart brand. Here is how I did:
(1) Diapers $13.49
(1) Dixie Paper Plates $2.50
(4) Cascade trial packs $0.97 – 4 $1/1 Cascade product
-Final FREE +$.03 profit each
It was around $18.00 with tax for everything. I can’t find that receipt either. I thought I put them all on my desk with my receipts.
For the week I spent around $79.00. This is way over budget for the week, but there were some really great deals out there. I am taking the kids to my mother’s next week. So I should be saving a lot next week.
Link up your savings below.