Also if you could take a quick moment and vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs. Just one click is one vote. I am in the top 200 overall and Top 10 on the frugal living blogs. I am going for #1 in Frugal Living and Top 100 Overall! With all my wonderful fans I know I can get there. Thanks for voting for me.
If you have been here before you can definitely tell I have been playing around with some new photo software lately. I am so impressed with this picture. For new bloggers out there you need to get Instagram and Picasa. These simple FREE picture tools will help you tremendously. I have been looking for some awesome picture enhancing tools for a while and found them for FREE.
~ ~ ~
Pork Chop Potato Bake
Now let's get to the recipe today Pork Chop Potato Bake or Pork Chops O'Brien. This is one of those casserole dishes that is super easy and very delicious. My family just loves this dish, since it has everything that is good in a casserole. I don't think this ranks really high on the healthy chart, but it is great when you have a special occasion to celebrate or on a cold day. My mom always made this when I was a kid and I just love it. Whenever Potatoes O'Brien goes on sale, I make sure I pick up a package just for this meal.
5-6 Pork chops (enough for one for each member of your family) ($2.66)
Flour with seasonings for breading on pork chops($0.10)
1 cup Cheese ($0.75) divided
1 Package Potatoes O'Brien (Preferably Thawed)($1.80)
1 Can Cream of Chicken soup ($0.50)
1 2.8oz package of fried Onions($0.95)
1/2 Cup Sour Cream ($0.50)(I use Plain Greek Yogurt instead)
1/2 cup Milk ($0.10)
1. I dredge the Pork Chops in flour with seasonings. You can use whatever you like. I use a little garlic salt, season all, cajun seasoning, paprika and salt and pepper. Pretty much whatever I think will taste good.
2. In a skillet with a couple of tablespoons of oil, fry the pork chops until they are golden on each side. Take them out and set aside.
3. Prepare the Potatoes. Open Package of Potatoes O'Brien and Can of soup and put into a large bowl. Put about 1/2 cup of the Cheese, 1/2 Cup Sour Cream, about 1/2 of the fried onions in the bowl and add . Add the milk and stir.
It is always helpful if you have some help to stir the mixture!
4. Place all the mixture in a large greased 13X9in baking dish. Lay the porkchops on top. Bake at 350 for 40 min. If the potatoes are still frozen, increase this to 50 min.
5. 10 minutes before the Pork Chop Potato Bake is finished take out of the oven sprinkle remaining fried onions and cheese on the top and bake uncovered to get a nice crisp golden top.
~ ~ ~
The Pork Chop Potato Bake is one of my more expensive meals at $7.46 to feed all five of us. But there is usually potato leftovers for two people the next day for lunch or I will freeze the leftovers and have them as a side dish later. This dish is also excellent to take to give as a gift for a new family, grieving family or any family in need of a meal. If you don't have Cream of Chicken you can always use Cream of Mushroom or Cream of Whatever soup. It will still turn out fine. Pork Chop Potato Bake can even be made for a Meatless Monday dish if you omit the Pork Chops and add another 1/2 Cup of Greek Yogurt and 1/2 cup cheese. Read my article about why is Greek yogurt better for you.
Let me know if you have ever tried this or do try this recipe. Your family will be asking for it again.